I have a few brownie mixes taking up space in my kitchen. When I say a few, I really mean a ton. I feel like I go through a box a week between work functions, Life Group and football players. So, when they go on sale I tend to stock up. My husband found my small collection last week and told me it was time to downsize.
I pinned this recipe a few months ago and knew that it started with a brownie mix so I decided to try it out. Wow, this cake is delicious and so easy! This will definitely become a staple once football season comes back around!
Easy Brownie Refrigerator Cake
· 1 Box Brownie Mix (Family or 9x13 size)
· 1 Egg
· 1 Package of Cream Cheese (8 oz., softened)
· 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
· 2 8oz. Containers of Cool Whip (regular, not extra creamy)
· 1 Package Chocolate Instant Pudding (3.4 oz)
· 1 Package Vanilla Instant Pudding (3.4 oz)
· 3 ½ Cups Milk
· 1 Hershey’s Bar
1. Mix brownie mix according to directions on box. Add an extra egg to what the box calls for. This will make the brownies more cake like.
2. Bake brownie mix according to directions on box in a 9x13 dish.
3. Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and one container of Cool Whip.
4. Spread this mixture over the cooled brownies.
5. Blend puddings and milk together and pour over the cream cheese layer.
6. Spread second container of Cool Whip over pudding layer.
7. Shave chocolate bar on top for garnish.
8. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
**I made the mistake of using the Extra Creamy Cool Whip on the top layer, don’t do this. My top layer never seemed to set up and it became a little messy. While it wasn’t as pretty as it could have been this didn’t stop anyone from eating it!
The Supper Table
Easy ideas to help you get them to the table.
We want to feature you! Send us your favorite recipe and you may see it featured here soon!
Follow us on Instagram!
Hey! Did you know that our users have generated 294 widgets within the