A simple twist on a classic after-school snack!
Cookies dunked in milk, spread a layer of cool whip, another layer of cookies dunked in milk, finish with a layer of cool whip. This pie sounds a little bizarre but I promise it is so good!
Drew was in the kitchen while I was making this and he just couldn’t understand how this was going to make a pie. I got my pie crust, cool whip and cookies out and sat them on the counter. Then he watched me pour a big glass of milk. This is the part where confusion set in for him since I do not drink milk.
“What in the world is she doing now?” I’m sure this thought was running through his mind.
I dunked the first cookie in milk and put it in my pie shell. At this point, he walked over to get a closer look. I continued to layer the bottom of the pie with the dunked cookies. While he was still hovering over me, I spread a layer of cool whip over the cookies and started on my next dunked cookies layer. After the second layer of cookies was in place, I finished the pie with another layer of cool whip.
“I just don’t know about that.” He said.
Well, let me tell you…Drew and I ate the pie that night and we both loved it! The pie turns out to be a really light dessert and I love that it is cold. Especially with these 90 degree days that we’re having. I recommend making it a day before. It needs to sit in the fridge for at least eight hours before serving. I bet your kids would love to have this as an afternoon snack!
• 1 premade graham cracker crust
• 1 bag of chocolate chip cookies
• 1 container of cool whip
1. Pour your milk into a large glass or large measuring cup.
2. Dunk the cookies all the way in the milk and layer them inside the pie crust.
3. After you have completely layered the bottom, spread out a layer of cool whip.
4. Repeat with another layer of dunked cookies and a layer of cool whip.
5. Chill pie for at least eight hours or overnight.
6. Garnish with crushed chocolate chip cookies.
• When you dunk the cookies, make sure you don’t hold them in the milk for too long. They will crumble on you!
• I used the regular sized chocolate chip cookies for the pie.
• I made my own graham cracker crust but to make things easy, you can use a premade one!
The Supper Table
Easy ideas to help you get them to the table.
We want to feature you! Send us your favorite recipe and you may see it featured here soon!
Follow us on Instagram!
Hey! Did you know that our users have generated 294 widgets within the