A fun and tasty way to celebrate your favorite team!
Football season is finally here and I am over the moon! Last season, I wrote about what's it's really like to be the wife of a football coach. This season, I wanted to highlight a few of my favorite things about this time of year:
1. Back on schedule: I know where I am going to be on Friday nights at 7:30...at least for the next few months! During the summer, we have a hectic schedule. Beach for this week, morning work-outs, scrimmages, etc. During the season, it's all very scheduled and that just makes my heart happy.
2. The remote is where it belongs: In my hands! Drew, I love you but if I have to watch that National Championship game one more time - I may scream. I have 43 episodes of The Pioneer Woman saved on our DVR and they have my name written all over them.
3. My cute cowbell comes out of storage: Oh, what joy! I hope the people that sit around me are just as excited about this...
4. Friday nights with your people: Without getting all Remember the Titans on you, football unites our town. It's fun to sit in the stands with people all cheering for the same cause.
5. Snacks that celebrate your team: There's just something about eating a snack that has your team's colors. It tastes better, right?
The name sometimes throws people off but Puppy Chow is a classic snack. I usually keep all of the ingredients in my house because you just never know when you'll get a hankerin' (classic Southern jargon) for it.
It's just Chex cereal (I buy mine from Aldi's - way cheaper!), chocolate, peanut butter, vanilla, butter and powdered sugar! There are lots of variations of Puppy Chow but the classic version is definitely my favorite, Drew's too.
After you make it, you can add peanuts, more chocolate chips, peanut butter cups, etc. I love to add these little M&Ms.
1. Measure cereal and add to a large bowl.
2. In a microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on high 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
3. Pour into 2-gallon ziploc bag.
4. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on wax paper to cool.
Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Good luck this season!
Sarah Kathryn Marlowe
The Supper Table
Easy ideas to help you get them to the table.
We want to feature you! Send us your favorite recipe and you may see it featured here soon!
Follow us on Instagram!
Hey! Did you know that our users have generated 294 widgets within the