It may be 75 degrees outside but it is November which means it is time for soup! I fixed this Chicken Enchilada Soup a few weeks ago while wearing shorts and a t-shirt but my goodness I have waited long enough.
Y’all, I absolutely LOVE this time of year! I love the changing weather, the football games, and the holidays, but most importantly, I love the transition of food that happens around this time. We switch from light cakes to heavy pies and cobblers, grilling outdoors to standing over a big pot of soup, and eating fresh fruits and veggies to hovering over warm dips during football games!
Are you hungry yet? Fall is by far my favorite season!
I stumbled upon this recipe last fall and it has become a staple at our house. There are three reasons why this is my favorite recipe of all time.
1. It is man-approved! It’s hearty, flavorful and the
leftovers make for an excellent lunch the next day.
2. It is fool-proof. If you knew me before I got married, you would
know that I lived on Diet Coke and Lean Cuisines. Cooking just
wasn’t my…thing. While I am still learning my way around the kitchen,
this recipe is super easy and always turns out just right.
(I still love a Diet Coke and a Lean Cuisine!)
3. It’s a great pot luck food! Pour everything into your trusty
Crock-Pot, set it on low and take it wherever you go!
Chicken Tortilla Soup
1. Stir the picante sauce, soup, chicken, corn, beans and water in a 4-quart slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Remove chicken and shred finely. Stir back into crockpot.
4. Stir in 1 cup of cheddar cheese and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes.
5. Serve with additional cheese, sour cream and crushed tortilla strips.
Sarah Kathryn Marlowe
The Supper Table
Easy ideas to help you get them to the table.
We want to feature you! Send us your favorite recipe and you may see it featured here soon!
Follow us on Instagram!
Hey! Did you know that our users have generated 294 widgets within the