All of the best things about pizza wrapped up in a flaky, melt-in-your-mouth puff pastry.
My aunt made these Pepperoni Pizza Swirls for me a few years ago and I have loved them ever since! I would request them every time we went to visit her. Eventually, she gave me a roll of them to take home so I could have them whenever I wanted. Of course, they didn’t last long because I got Drew hooked on them too. It was time for me to learn to make them myself!
These were super easy to make and only took me about 10 minutes!
· 1 Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheet, thawed
· ¼ cup pizza sauce
· ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
· 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
· ¼ cup small pepperonis
· 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
· salt and pepper
*I chose to double this recipe but the ingredients are for one roll.
1. On a lightly floured surface unfold the puff pastry with the seams pointing towards you. Spread the sauce from edge to edge leaving a 1-inch border at the top of the sheet.
2. Sprinkle with oregano then the mozzarella, pepperoni and parmesan. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
3. Roll the pastry up towards the 1-inch border keeping the roll as tight as you can. Wrap in plastic wrap.
4. Stick it in the freezer for at least an hour. (I usually make a double batch of these and save them for snacks or appetizers.)
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or your Silpat. If the pastry has been frozen for longer than an hour you should let it sit out on the counter for about 20 minutes before slicing.
6. Using a sharp knife, cut the pastry into 1-inch thick slices. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden. Let cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes before serving.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do! –Sarah Kathryn
The Supper Table
Easy ideas to help you get them to the table.
We want to feature you! Send us your favorite recipe and you may see it featured here soon!
Follow us on Instagram!
Hey! Did you know that our users have generated 294 widgets within the